18 - 60 yrs
Join this trip to Western Ladakh where we take you to some ancient Buddhist sites. Lamayuru is one of the most prominent ones in Ladakh. Also, experience the village life and get a glimpse of the local culture at Urbis, including some ancient mystic stone arts. The Alchi Monastery is another prominent site that we'll visit apart from the well known Hemis Monastery and Thikse Gompa. We will also visit Pangong Tso lake and you get a chance to stay at a village near Pangong.
Day 1: Acclimatize in Leh
Day 2: Get introduced to Ladakh
Day 3: Visit Pangong Tso lake, stay at our green village Mugleb
Day 4: Drive back to Leh, visit Hemis monastery
Day 5: Go west, visit Basgo and Lamayuru monasteries
Day 6: Trek to Urbis
Day 7: Spend a day in Urbis
Day 8: Trek back and drive to Leh. Visit Alchi monastery.
Day 9: Goodbye Ladakh
· Stay at two pristine Himalayan villages during this trip, Urbis and Mugleb
· Visit the scenic Pangong Lake at 14,200 feet
· Experience the rich Buddhist heritage at the most prominent monasteries of Ladakh
· Live the village life alongside the villagers of Urbis and Mugleb
· Experience the Ladakhi culture, local food and drinks
Other useful info
Domestic flight tickets
Any meals/snack/water bottles apart from mentioned in 'Includes'
Personal expenses related to gears, phone calls, medical etc.
Instructions for participants
This is a green trip, let’s ensure minimum environmental footprint of this tour:
· Avoid plastics, or any kind of littering whatsoever. Carry back all your litter.
· Be kind to the ecosystem of these remote places, let’s not pollute the water stream and surroundings.
· Water is a scarce resource, avoid washing clothes in the trip.
· You may observe some wild animals during the trek (marmots, blue sheeps, birds etc). Please keep distance from them, avoid feeding them or altering their natural behavior
· Please respect the local culture and heritage.
1. Delays are expected on account of roadblock and weather conditions. Our effort will be to continue with the tour as per the schedule and make you as comfortable as possible.
2. The itinerary should be viewed as ideal and we may have to make some spot changes due to various reasons.
3. Every Participant on the trip will be signing an indemnity bond before the trek commences.
4. Flights in Leh sector are subject to weather condition and can be cancelled or delayed. It is advised that you should book your return international flight 1-2 days after your expected date of return from Leh to New Delhi
Guidelines and Advisory
Will be shared with confirmed participants
THIS EVENT IS ORGANISED BY AN INDEPENDENT FACILITATOR. ExploreOut IS A REGISTRATION PROVIDING PLATFORM. FACILITATOR IS SOLE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHOLE TRIP. To know more about Facilitator and more events to explore please follow FACILITATOR