18 - 60 yrs
Easy To Moderate
There are very few places in the world as scenic as Nubra valley. Nubra is a high altitude cold desert known for its unique sand dunes and distinct culture. Rakuru is the one of the remote village of the Nubra Valley. Nubra is cut off from rest of the world as it lies beyond the Ladakh mountain range. In this journey experience the unique landscape and culture of this place.
Day 1: Acclimatize in Leh
Pick up from the airport and arrive at your hotel in Leh. Acclimatize yourself to the new environment amidst the picturesque Himalayan landscapes which is at a height of 11,500 ft. This is required to get your body to adjust to the height and oxygen levels. Drink lots of water and rest and do not exert as you could feel dizzy due to the height.
In the evening we go through an introductory session on our initiatives in Ladakh, a briefing about the plan for next few days.
Strictly a no work-out day.
Day 2: Get introduced to Ladakh
Before we step into the villages of Ladakh we would acquaint ourselves with the Ladakhi culture, heritage and their religion, Buddhism that is widely followed here. Our sight-seeing includes major sights in Leh. We start with a visit to Thikse Monastery, which is also known as the Lhasa of Ladakh. We then attend an early morning chanting session, learn a little about Buddhism and know more about the lives of the monks.
Day 3: Reach Nubra valley, stay in sand dunes
To reach Nubra, we cross the highest motorable pass of world, the Khardungla Pass which is at 18,380 feet.
Hunder is a unique desert of the world, with snow laden peaks seen at a distance and sand dunes. Enjoy a ride on double humped camels and get to stay in house tents/homestays alongside the sand dunes.
Day 4: Trek to Rakuru
Trek to Rakuru is an arduous climb of 4-5 hrs. Enjoy the beautiful landscape on the route and stay at a village house at Rakuru.
Day 5: A day at Rakuru
Rakuru is a village surrounded by scenic beauty. Experience a day in the life of the villagers of Rakuru. Get to know more about their unique culture and the effect that solar electrification has made to their lives.
Day 6: Trek back, sightseeing at Nubra
The trek back from Rakuru takes about 3-4hrs. The 32-meter-high Maitreya Buddha statue of Diskit is worth a visit.
Day 7: Drive back to Leh
Crossing the Khardungla-Pass we’ll reach back to Leh. The evening you can spend at Leh market to buy some souvenirs for your friends and family.
Day 8: Goodbye Ladakh
Airport transfer as per your flight schedule.
· Spend 4 days amidst the mystic landscape of Nubra valley
· Try a ride on double humped (Bactrian) camels in the sand dunes of Nubra
· Go across the Khardungla-pass, the highest motorable road at 18,380 feet
· See the 32-mtr high statue of Maitreya Buddha at Diskit monastery
· Live the unique village life alongside the villagers of Rakuru
Experience the unique culture, local food, dance and drinks of Nubra valley, Ladakh
Other useful info
Domestic flight tickets
Any meals/snack/water bottles apart from mentioned in 'Includes'
Personal expenses related to gears, phone calls, medical etc.
1. Cancellation within 7 days of departure: 0% of cost will be refunded
2. Cancellation within 8 – 20 days of departure: 50% of cost will be refunded
3. Cancellation within > 20 days of departure: 90% of cost will be refunded
Guidelines and Advisory
Instructions for participants
This is a green trip, let’s ensure minimum environmental footprint of this tour:
· Avoid plastics, or any kind of littering whatsoever. Carry back all your litter.
· Be kind to the ecosystem of these remote places, let’s not pollute the water stream and surroundings.
· Water is a scarce resource, avoid washing clothes in the trip.
· You may observe some wild animals during the trek (marmots, blue sheeps, birds etc). Please keep distance from them, avoid feeding them or altering their natural behavior
· Please respect the local culture and heritage.
1. Delays are expected on account of roadblock and weather conditions. Our effort will be to continue with the tour as per the schedule and make you as comfortable as possible.
2. The itinerary should be viewed as ideal and we may have to make some spot changes due to various reasons.
3. Every Participant on the trip will be signing an indemnity bond before the trek commences.
4. Flights in Leh sector are subject to weather condition and can be cancelled or delayed. It is advised that you should book your return international flight 1-2 days after your expected date of return from Leh to New Delhi
Will be shared to confirmed participants.
THIS EVENT IS ORGANISED BY AN INDEPENDENT FACILITATOR. ExploreOut IS A REGISTRATION PROVIDING PLATFORM. FACILITATOR IS SOLE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHOLE TRIP. To know more about Facilitator and more events to explore please follow FACILITATOR